Friday, November 27, 2009

My hair was bleached 9mo. ago.I tried dying drkbrwn,it faded 2 ltbrn 2 wks l8r. 4mo. have passed.Any

About a year ago, my hair was platinum blonde. I only bleached it twice, 1 year ago, and then 3 months later (9 months ago). After that, I decided it was too much upkeep, and I didn't want to continue damaging and abusing my hair, so I decided to go darker (My hair was in considerably good condition for bleached hair. No breakage or brittle ends). I colored my hair a rich chocolate brown (8 months ago). I really loved the new color, however, it faded to a really light ashy brown within two weeks. I tried coloring it several more times within the span of two months, all with the same results. I did plenty of deep conditioning treatments and other hair treatments, like Nexxus Emergencee and KeraPHx. Finally, I just let it be. It's been over four months now since I've colored my hair. The last time I colored it was in July. I am ready for darker hair. Should my hair color better now? Also does anyone have any tips to help. Certain brand of hair color that might work better, application tips, anything? I'm open to anything!



My hair was bleached 9mo. ago.I tried dying drkbrwn,it faded 2 ltbrn 2 wks l8r. 4mo. have passed.Any tips?

This is easy, you just need to fill your hair first before dyeing it! Just go to Sally Beauty and buy a Protein Filler (in the hair color aisle). Buy a warm brown filler, this will add a permanent brown color and prep your hair for a darker color/even out all coloring mistakes you have made in the past. If you want the color to stick better, try a permanent color from either Ion Pro or Clairol Pro brands @ Sally Beaty, great dye! You have waited enough time to get your hair to a healthier state, so dye your hair, and then get a trim just to get rid of the pourous ends. Keep up the regular trims every 8 weeks or so.



My hair was bleached 9mo. ago.I tried dying drkbrwn,it faded 2 ltbrn 2 wks l8r. 4mo. have passed.Any tips?

When you go to the salon to get it dyed, ask the stylist for special conditioner to keep your color in. They will have some, if the place is good at all. Definitely don't do it yourself, either. That kind that you get in a box or a bottle at the supermarket is not ver good quality and is very bad for your hair.



I think that you are making a very good choice, dying it dark brown instead of killing it with bleach.



My hair was bleached 9mo. ago.I tried dying drkbrwn,it faded 2 ltbrn 2 wks l8r. 4mo. have passed.Any tips?

hmmm well, when you buy the dye, also buy a clear coat to go over it. it will keep the dye in longer and will make you hair shinier.



the reason why the due isnt staying is because your hair dosent hold dye well, mine does the same thing. The clear coat will help it stay on longer. you can buy it at hair stores like sallys. there usually near the funky colors that they have.



also try buying hair dye from sallys. it may cost more, but they stay longer. Remeber to make syure you get every thing to go with it though. Somethimes you need to get a cream develuper when you buy from stores like that. Also buy shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair.



Hope it Helps!!!



My hair was bleached 9mo. ago.I tried dying drkbrwn,it faded 2 ltbrn 2 wks l8r. 4mo. have passed.Any tips?

Oh, I used to work at Sally beauty and stuff like this happened all the time. I really, really think you should get it professionally done. Theres so much involved in a good hair color that you just cant do for yourself.



But in answer to your question, yes your hair will be in better condition for a color. BUT the hair that was colored back 4months ago will likely be Super porous (meaning the cuticle will easily open up and absorb liquid, also it will let it fade out easily too). So your color will likely go much darker than you want on the previously colored portion of hair. It will likely faded very quickly like before. This is very difficult to correct yourself, partly because you don't have access to the products you would need.



If you still want to do it yourself, then biggest most important piece of advice is to do a 1" test strand in the back of your hair first. Follow the entire process. If you like the results, then go ahead with the rest, if not, return your products and consider going to a school or salon.



Pick out a color you want. Neutrals fade the best. Have a sallys associate help you with anything that confuses you. Buy a "filler" it does not need to be a colored filler.



A filler is apply liberally to damp hair. It's purpose is to fill add protein to the hair strand and help lower the porosity. The hair is dried and then the color application can start.



If you think you can manage it the get the color you want for your roots and a lighter color (if you get a 5n, then the lighter would be a 7n, sick with tones n=neutral, A=ash, R=red, etc...)



1 or 2 levels lighter for the hair that has been previously colored.



T-part (2 side sections, 2 back sections) the hair. Start in the back and apply color to 1" sections. finish the other sections and be sure to get the hairline and parting covered really thoroughly.



If you cant apply seperate color to the roots, and the previously colored hair, then get one color for the whole head that is 1-2levels lighter than what you want. While your hair processes it will look slightly darker than the end result will. But if the hair is supposed to be a med brown and the processing starts to look like a midnight black, you better wash it out, cause its taking to dark. If you make the mistake of thinking its taking dark and it is not, you have to repeat the color process again, since it did not finish taking color.



You can see some of the complications. I'm making assumptions about your hair, but if you were sitting in my chair I could know what your hair was like and adjust what I would do and what products to use accordingly.



Be aware that this is a risk, and may not turn out how you would like it to. More likely it will not turn out right.



But Good luck. I've told you all I can without having you physically here to look at, to help you.



Brand? They all suck if their not pro. But maybe go with Wella color charm, I think it is the most predictable.



Oh also, ANY brand of color you buy at Sallys is NOT professional. I used to work there, I know what I am talking about. Don't be fooled just because brands like Wella also sell professional lines. Any haircolor you can buy without a license in NOT professional no matter what the box says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
postage rate